With Finance, Marketing, HR and Economics, MBA (Master of Business Management) is one of the most versatile career options to look forward to. Not only it does wonders to your employability, but also changes the approach you to business aspects. Every business around the globe look for knowledgable managers to hire. All this make MBA one of the most sought after programs in the world. There are many ways to study MBA in abroad. Full time or part time, executive MBA, online MBA and so on. Europe and USA are two of the best option if you are looking to Study MBA Abroad, and here we are discussing the requirements to study MBA in these countries:
Here are some of the basic requirements for business schools in Europe and USA, and some idea about the score requirements to help you prepare for the admission documents and tests.
MBA entry requirements in the U.S.
Common admission requirements for an MBA in American business schools are:
- A Bachelor’s degree of four years from any accredited US University, or international equivalent degree.
- Depending on the requirement of the Universities and courses, a minimum of two or three years of experience.
- Application Essay
- Professional Letters of Recommendation (at least two)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (TOEFL PBT 550-600, CBT 213-250)
- GMAT: Average requirement over 600 / for Top Three Universities: 724 – 732
There are some Business schools in USA that accept the students without GMAT requirements, but most of the Top business have a high GMAT requirements. Another basic requirement is work experience. The work experience is not always mandatory, but preferred. Candidates with work experience will be given priorities in some cases. The internships are evaluated on individual basis.
Top MBA Universities in USA:
- Stanford University
- Columbia University
- Long Island University
- Valparaiso University
- Rider University
- Northwest Missouri State University
- Berkeley College
- University of Dallas
MBA Entry Requirements in Europe
- These are the basic requirements to study in a business school in Europe:
- Professional experience of minimum 3 year
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- GMAT and GRE tests, or the test required based on your course/University.
- GMAT Average Score Required for Top Three Universities in Europe: 703
- English Language Requirements depending on the Universities
Minimum English Language Requirements
- IELTS – 6.0 to 6.5 depending on the University
- TOEFL ibt 89 to 94 / PBT 577 to 587
- PTE 59 to 63
Some business schools and Universities prefer the successful accomplishments in your field more than work experience. So if you seriously have something to show for in your resume, it will work even if you have limited work experience. The Business schools in Europe are flexible about entry requirements, and the acceptance criteria will largely depend on the individuals. The acceptance rate at the European business schools is also higher compared to USA.
Top Destination in Europe to Pursue MBA:
Top universities in Europe offering MBA programs
- PSB Paris School of Business
- Dublin Business School
- BI Norwegian Business School
- SBS Swiss Business School
- National Research University Higher School of Economics