4 Practical Tips to Increase Your Domain Authority
What is Domain Authority?
Domain Authority (DA) is actually a number or metric that specifies the authority of your website. The more is the domain authority of the website, the more are the chances for your website to rank higher in various search engine result pages and grab more organic traffic.
Why do you want to increase DA?
It may be a strange question for you. But, what’s the end-goal? Domain Authority is basically designed as an indicator of success, but it doesn’t drive success. Since DA is not used by Google thus it will not have any direct impact on your rankings.
Other Things about DA:
- Google penalties are not into consideration by DA. Keep in mind that there are chances for a domain authority to be high even if the domain is under penalty.
- On comparing with Google ranking algorithm, it has been found that it takes hundreds of factors in account whereas, DA takes only 40 factors into consideration.
- DA changes frequently thus, it is not a metric to use to examine your SEO performance, but a website metric to use for domain comparison purposes.
How to Improve DA of Website?
There are no special secrets to enhance the factors driving DA. Here are some of the ways that will help in improving the Domain authority.
- Get more high-authority links
Links from high-authority sites and pages are great sources of driving both Domain Authority and Page Authority as they still have some significant amount of ranking power. Even, if you feel to ignore DA, you must know that high-authority links are a good thing to pertain. Seeking them is a topic of thousands of posts.
- Get more traffic-driving links
While evaluating DA, another factor that is kept in consideration is whether links come from authentic sites with organic traffic. This is because it is a strong signal of usefulness. Whether you use DA on a regular basis or not, you must know that attracting links that drive traffic is a good thing as it shows the relevance to the searches and drives bottom-line results. You might think, what is the point that a link is seen by none, or it doesn’t drive any traffic? The answer is, that link is likely to be discounted by both Domain Authority Metrics and Google Algorithm.
- Get fewer spammy links
DA does a good job of discounting bad links. ‘BAD’ links don’t mean links of low-authority, as it is perfectly OK to have links of low-authority domains and pages. Also, in most of the cases, both are relevant and useful to the searchers.
- Increase Social Signals
Though officially Google has stated that social signals are not a part of Google’s ranking algorithm, there is a clear pattern between the pages that rank high on Google and social signals.
For the aim of increasing your Domain Authority, what you need to do is:
- Make sure that you have a strong and active social media presence in some of the major social networks.
- Keep in mind that you have a social media button on all your pages to make it easy for the readers to share the content.
While wrapping up, you don’t need to be obsessed about the score of the Domain Authority. It is actually the number that explains how strong your domain is, in comparison to that of the other domains that are present in the Moz data.
Another thing that you must keep in mind is that if your website doesn’t have high domain authority, it surely doesn’t mean that it will not perform well on Google.