Northeast India isn’t simply Calcutta or Darjeeling, however, is, in reality, a lot further away, right on the opposite side of Bangladesh flanking Bhutan and China. In the far northeastern corner of India lies Arunachal Pradesh, the Wild East of Indian the travel industry. Inside its fringes, snow-topped Himalayas, pristine golden valleys, and 24 unique tribes. The easternmost of the Indian state, Arunachal Pradesh is far-expelled from the Indian terrain, the base is poor, and you need a permit to visit this state both for Indians and foreign tourists
Also Read : Best Travel Places In our India
You do need permits to visit the “Seven Sister States” here in Northeast India and every state has different permits. It’s one of the least created zones in Asia, so there is a great deal of virgin nature and local tribes living in the old traditional lifestyle. There are numerous spots you can visit in Arunachal Pradesh like Tawang, Bomdila, Itanagar, Ziro Valley, Daporijo, Along (Aalo), Mechuka, Pasighat, etc.
Things to do in Arunachal Pradesh:
• Go Red Panda spotting in Namdapha National Park
• Trek to Talle Valley
• Visit the ancient Hindu temple of Malinithan
• Genuflect at the Sela Pass and Lake
• sister of Pangong Tso &Pankang Teng Tso, near Tawang
• Visit Tawang
• Bomdila, the snow-clad Himalayan ranges.
• visit the Apatani tribe of Zero valley.
• Stay in a local homestay with local people
Food: Arunachal Pradesh people are mainly depending on agriculture. You must try the local traditional food, which is mainly on Tibetian food. Ask to try momoloco, the Tibetan bread, and Thupka a Tibetan noodle soup. You are not going to do well here if you’re on a diet. Rice beer is a famous local drink here, which prepared by fermented rice or millet. There are different varieties of rice beer you can get here.
How to reach:
• By Air: Tezpur airport in Assam is the nearest airport to Arunachal Pradesh, which is 260 km away. (around 4hours drive). You have direct flights Kolkata and Guwahati from all major cities like Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai Pune. From the airport, you can easily hire a cab or bus services also available.
• By Train: Harmuti train station (Assam) is the closest train station associating Arunachal Pradesh to other major cities of India. It is Around 43 km away from the state capital Itanagar. Further, take the bus or hire a taxi for your journey towards the state.
• By Road: The state is well-connected by road from all major cities and nearby states. There is a sufficient number of inter bus services available from all major towns of Arunachal Pradesh to Meghalaya (around 790 km), Assam (560 km) and Nagaland (456 km).
Permits for travel in Arunachal Pradesh: You need a Permit to enter Arunachal Pradesh. You will get it in Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati (Assam). You will get these permits in Travel agencies or you can get individually in the airport.
Protected Area Permit (PAP): Required for foreign tourists. It’s valid up to 30days, which cost $50, which need to be paid in Indian Rupees(3,450 Rs at time of composing).
Inner Line Permit(ILP): Required for Indian nationals. If you go on the same day for a permit it will cost you 400rs or else 100 Rs for advance permits.
Best time to visit:
Summer [April-May] and Winter [October-November] season are the most ideal times to travel in Arunachal Pradesh. The best time to design an Arunachal Pradesh tour relies upon where you’re going—and what you’re searching for. High altitude region of Tawang will be little colder in winter season[November to February/March], though the pass to reach it is open year-round.